Mr. Esteban credits his Jesuit prep-school education and baseball experience with helping him understand that achievement requires teamwork and collaboration. In addition to his keen understanding of corporate law and his determination to focus on the all-important transactional details underlying commercial disputes, Mr. Esteban prides himself on making the clients part of the litigation team. He understands that a client’s knowledge of their own business is the cornerstone of any successful legal strategy.
Because he inspires confidence in his clients, Mr. Esteban is uniquely experienced in high stakes commercial litigation. Early in his career, his insight and skill secured a federal court victory for a major television network in a multi-national copyright dispute concerning the ownership rights to an award-winning T.V. show. From there, he has gone on to represent clients in a variety of commercial disputes in state and federal court. Some representative matters include representing a multi-billion dollar publicly traded company in a large contractual dispute and representing a national ground-transportation company in a shareholder derivative dispute, among others. He also continues to handle significant intellectual property cases.
Mr. Esteban is also intimately familiar with the unique area of judgment collections and asset protection, as he has represented clients fighting collection of over $100 million-dollar judgments. Mr. Esteban also has extensive experience in representing professional athletes, both, as an attorney and as a Certified Major League Baseball Player Agent. Mr. Esteban has negotiated multiple Major League Baseball contracts, valued at several millions of dollars; he has also litigated a variety of issues relating to athletes’ careers and personal lives and has been quoted and featured in several print and digital publications including ESPN.com, MLB Trade Rumors, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, and The Sports Business Journal.
- ST. THOMAS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW, J.D., Book Award (Advanced Legal Research and Writing); Moot Court Honor Board (Member); 2012 Robert Orseck Moot Court Competition (Competitor); 2012 Tulane National Baseball Arbitration Competition (Competitor); Sports & Entertainment Law Society (President)
- FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, B.A., Business Administration (Major in Marketing); Florida Bright Futures Scholar
- Florida Bar
- United States District Courts for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Awards & Associations
- Florida Trend Legal Elite’s “Up-and-Comers” (2020)
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Mentor, 2016-17 HNBA South Florida Mentoring Program
- Belen Jesuit Alumni Lawyers Section